Sunday, November 11, 2012

New Poetry from Marc Daniels/Charlus "Our Desire Is What Murder Us"


Our Desire Is What Murders Us


Wanting.

Automatically turns the switch

From being "O.K"

Into unsettled,

And from civil servants

We change into the unbridled within us:


Wild Horses,  Being Broken-


I kissed a Montana girl

On a Greyhound bus

when I was Twenty-Three,

I told her Id meet her in Helena

But I went straight on up to Seattle

And witnessed the true edge of society

And never called her

Not even when shook up and, 

I tucked my tail between my legs and ran home

and got on that bus back to Connecticut-


When I dream at night

About big blue skies

And air that you can actually breathe,

I sometimes feel

( I never see them)

Wild Mustangs snorting heat

In cool, moist, December frost-

6 am, dawn to the pure

Death to the rest of us

Wanton sinners-


Your big blue Country girl eyes

Montana young woman

Swim in my ocean

I seem to barely manage to wade in-

A world watery and turquoise blue

and sometimes the darker kind of blue-


They look at me


      Your American icy blue's


And I hear them say:

That was the one time when,

Marc,

You should have gone towards Desire

As if you whole life

Depended on it-


Desire, 

One way or another

Gets us

She has got everyones number-





No comments:

Post a Comment